The Data Commons is recruiting new members for 2014!
Membership in the Data Commons Cooperative has these responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a commitment to the movement for a cooperative economy
- Maintain a data set that furthers the goals of the movement
- Pursue the clear licensing of their data set for legal and effective sharing
- Make a capital contribution as specified by the Board
- Select an individual to act as a contact person to the cooperative
The rights of membership include
- Access pooled data that is licensed as Members Only (rather than Open)
- Receive basic implementation of Data Common tools and services for your organization (see tools and features in the member packet)
- Govern the direction of new software development
The Data Commons Cooperative Member Packet gives the details (attached below). Interested? Apply for co-op membership now!